What YOU need to remember to pass assessment 3
In class today, we went through and revised all the key points that is needed to be used and talked about in assessment 3
- Face expression
- Eye contact
- Body language
- Open minded
- Closed Questions – Short replies/one answer/ What? When?
- Open Questions – long replies/ multiply answers/why?
- Feed Back
Make the outcome a win-win for both people
Being able to say “No” under pressure
Focus on interest not position
- Proposal and bargaining
- closing the deal
1.How do you prepare?
- What do you want/need?
- What are you willing to give up?
- When should you ask?
- What is your B.A.T.N.A. (Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement)
- What are your sources of power?
Sources of power?
- Expertise and information
- Position or legitimacy
2.How to start a Discussion
- Open up a Discussion
- Find out what what the other party wants/needs
- Be positive and assertive
- Use a range of questions
- Listen for point of leverage
- Identify points of conflict or difference
3. How to propose or bargain
- Make and receive offers
- Adjust offers
- Use IF,Then questions
- Never interrupt or instantly reject
4.Closing the deal
- Agree on what has been settled
- Make minor concessions
- Split the difference if close
- Get it in writing if possible